Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org> on 2019/01/23 08:29:09 UTC

Should we deprecate camel-chronicle ?

While trying to fix the OSGi features, I found out that the Chronicle
Engine has been moved to closed source:
  https://github.com/OpenHFT/Chronicle-Engine
It looks like the plan is not to maintain the open source engine.  Does
that mean we should deprecate the camel-chronicle component ? Or maybe we
can reach to them and ask if they intend to maintain an ASL versioned
client, without the server bits, as I don't think we use the server part.

--
------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Should we deprecate camel-chronicle ?

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Created JIRA for this

Andrea Cosentino
----------------------------------
Apache Camel PMC Chair
Apache Karaf Committer
Apache Servicemix PMC Member
Email: ancosen1985@yahoo.com
Twitter: @oscerd2
Github: oscerd

On Wednesday, January 23, 2019, 10:12:23 AM GMT+1, Luca Burgazzoli <lb...@gmail.com> wrote:

I think we can deprecate it, there were some plan long time ago to
work on a better integration but chronicle engine has left a little
behind and now closed source so I'm +1 to deprecate and remove it. We
can work on a chronicle queue component only later on

---
Luca Burgazzoli

Posted by Luca Burgazzoli <lb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1 to deprecate on 2.x, and remove on 3.0

--
Claus Ibsen