Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Laurent Exsteens <la...@euranova.eu> on 2020/11/02 20:20:10 UTC

Configure vvp 2.3 with file blob storage

Hello,

I need to try out the SQL editor in Ververica platform 2.3.

It requires to configure the persistence stack as local, which I did.
It also requires a blob storage. To keep things simple, I'd like to
configure a blob storage as local file system, or k8s volume. Configuring
it as:

  blobStorage: {}
    ## The base URI for universal blob storage.
    ##
    ## If unset, universal blob storage is disabled. If credentials are
required, add them to the
    ## "Blob storage credentials" section below.
    baseUri: "file://tmp/"

gives me the following error:
Error: failed to parse values.yaml: error converting YAML to JSON: yaml:
line 86: did not find expected key

I'm very new to kubernetes, I'm just trying to get the platform running as
fast as possible since we only have 2 weeks to try the SQL editor.
Therefore I'd be very happy with the exact configuration to put there to
have it running on a k8s volume.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best Regards,

Laurent.
--
*Laurent Exsteens*
Data Engineer

*EURA NOVA*

Rue Emile Francqui, 4

1435 Mont-Saint-Guibert

(T) +32 10 75 02 00

*euranova.eu <http://euranova.eu/>*

*research.euranova.eu* <http://research.euranova.eu/>

--
♻ Be green, keep it on the screen

Re: Configure vvp 2.3 with file blob storage

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Laurent,

Thanks for trying out Ververica platform!
However, please note that this is the mailing list of the Apache Flink
project.
Please post further questions using the "Community Edition Feedback" button
on this page: https://ververica.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
We are working on setting up a better channel to support our users.

This being said, the right syntax is

vvp:
  blobStorage:
    baseUri: file://tmp/

However, setting up UBS on the local file system won't work because it
needs to be accessible from different components.
Please have a look at the VVP playground:

https://github.com/ververica/ververica-platform-playground/

You can also check the Ververica Platform documentation:

https://docs.ververica.com/platform_operations/blob_storage.html#configuration

Best, Fabian