Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Ken Hu <ke...@mmti.com.tw> on 2007/01/11 08:56:18 UTC

Failed ! First run with OJB

Dear All:

I am a newbie to Apache OJB.
I dowload the binary package and some tutorials then I start to give it
a try.
Extract the contents from Tutorial2 and then put them to
ojb-blank/src/java, the build is fine.

The database information stored in build.properties are:

jcdAlias=default
databaseName=test
databaseUser=ctu
databasePassword=ta1hs1ung
# For MySQL this would look like:
dbmsName=MySQL
jdbcLevel=3.0
jdbcRuntimeDriver=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
urlProtocol=jdbc
urlSubprotocol=mysql
urlDbalias=//192.168.2.202/${databaseName}

When I execute the Application.class , I got :

Welcome to the OJB ODMG tutorial application

[0] List all product entries
[1] Enter a new product
[2] Edit a product entry
[3] Delete a product entry
[4] Quit Application
type in number to select a use case

Then I input 0 to list all stored prodcuts , but I got the folowing
errors:

 Could not borrow connection from pool. Active/Idle instances in
pool=0/0. org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.JdbcConnectionDescriptor:
org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.JdbcConnectionDescriptor@1a42792[
  jcd-alias=default
  default-connection=false
  dbms=MySQL
  jdbc-level=3.0
  driver=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
  protocol=jdbc
  sub-protocol=mysql
  db-alias=//192.168.2.202/test
  user=sa
  password=*****
  eager-release=false
  ConnectionPoolDescriptor={removeAbandonedTimeout=300,
testWhileIdle=false, logAbandoned=false, testOnReturn=false,
timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis=-1, minIdle=0, numTestsPerEvictionRun=10,
removeAbandoned=false, maxIdle=-1, fetchSize=0, whenExhaustedAction=0,
minEvictableIdleTimeMillis=600000, testOnBorrow=true, maxActive=30,
maxWait=10000}
  batchMode=false
  useAutoCommit=AUTO_COMMIT_SET_TRUE_AND_TEMPORARY_FALSE
  ignoreAutoCommitExceptions=false

sequenceDescriptor=org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.SequenceDescriptor@12a55aa[
     sequenceManagerClass=class
org.apache.ojb.broker.util.sequence.SequenceManagerHighLowImpl
     Properties={grabSize=20, autoNaming=true, seq.start=200000}
]
]
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryPooledImpl.checkOutJdbcConnection(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryAbstractImpl.lookupConnection(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionManagerImpl.getConnection(Unknown Source)
        ... 16 more
Caused by: org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.LookupException: Error
getting Connection from DriverManager with url
(jdbc:mysql://192.168.2.202/test) and driver (com.mysql.jdbc.Driver)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryAbstractImpl.newConnectionFromDriverManager(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryPooledImpl
$ConPoolFactory.makeObject(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericObjectPool.java:771)
        ... 19 more
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user:
'sa@sqlserver' (Using password: NO)

Well , I think I have speicified the correct username and password in
build.properties, I don't know  why it still use sa@sqlserver as
username to get a connection .
Does anyone have the similar experience with me ?
Please give me some help , thanks !

Ken

--
研發部             胡重威             Ken Hu          ken@mmti.com.tw

孟華科技股份有限公司
http://www.mmti.com.tw

地址: 高雄市802苓雅區中正一路120號4F-7
電話: 07-7279337 分機: 120
傳真: 07-7279377
行動: 0937083880

Re: Failed ! First run with OJB

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Ken,

Ken Hu wrote:
> well, I've tested the connection privilege before I post my question.
> I can use 'mysql' to connect to my database running on another machine.
>
> The major problem is that OJB seems doesn't use the username and
> password which I set in build.properties to make the db connection. It's
> weired and I don't know why .

If you build the files as described in getting started doc (with all
steps) you can check the generated repository.xml file (separated in sub
files). The most important file is build/resources/repository_database.xml:

<jdbc-connection-descriptor
    jcd-alias="default"
    default-connection="true"
    platform="MySQL"
    jdbc-level="3.0"
    driver="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
    protocol="jdbc"
    subprotocol="mysql"
    dbalias="//localhost/productmanager"
    username="steve"
    password="secret"
    eager-release="false"
    batch-mode="false"
    useAutoCommit="1"
    ignoreAutoCommitExceptions="false"

If this file contains the wrong settings you can try correct the
settings by hand and run the app again.

regards,
Armin

Re: Failed ! First run with OJB

Posted by Ken Hu <ke...@mmti.com.tw>.
> [...]

> >         at
> > org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryAbstractImpl.newConnectionFromDriverManager(Unknown Source)
> >         at org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryPooledImpl
> > $ConPoolFactory.makeObject(Unknown Source)
> >         at
> > org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericObjectPool.java:771)
> >         ... 19 more
> > Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user:
> > 'sa@sqlserver' (Using password: NO)
> > ================================================================================================
> >
> > Well , I think I have speicified the correct username and password in
> > build.properties, I don't know  why it still use sa@sqlserver as
> > username to get a connection .
> > Does anyone have the similar experience with me ?

研發部             胡重威             Ken Hu          ken@mmti.com.tw

孟華科技股份有限公司
http://www.mmti.com.tw

地址: 高雄市802苓雅區中正一路120號4F-7