Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Shilpa Nalgonda <sn...@mypublisher.com> on 2004/09/22 01:12:53 UTC

RE: Connection Pooling problem

I am using these parameters : for Connection pooling... in Tomcat 4.1
maxActive :20
maxIdle :10
mxWait :10000
removeAbandoned :true

My application makes 5 queries to the database at one time, so it calls
datasource.getConnection 5 times and closes connection 5 times..

When i run this application 3 times in a loop, it fails with the exception
of
org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot get a connection, pool
exhausted, cause:
java.util.NoSuchElementException: Timeout waiting for idle object
        at
org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericObjectPoo
l.java:801)

I still don't understand, whether connection pool is being used...

can someone suggest me what exactly i am missing here...

---