Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by jcarreira <jc...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/01 21:01:11 UTC

JMS to JMS Bridge: Any Topic -> Queue Bridges?

Is there any way to bridge from a topic on a remote machine to a local Queue?
(other than doing it by hand, of course)

Re: JMS to JMS Bridge: Any Topic -> Queue Bridges?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 8/2/06, jcarreira <jc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok... any chance for an update to the XSD?

Its deployed as part of the snapshorts
http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/org/apache/activemq/activemq-core/4.1-incubator-SNAPSHOT/activemq-core-4.1-incubator-20060801.170356-4.xsd

--

James
-------

Re: JMS to JMS Bridge: Any Topic -> Queue Bridges?

Posted by jcarreira <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/wildcards.html

--

James
-------

Posted by jcarreira <jc...@gmail.com>.

Hiram Chirino wrote:

> On 8/2/06, jcarreira <jc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The virtual destination sounds interesting. If I have several boxes in a
>> cluster, each mapping the virtual topic to the physical queue, will I end
>> up
>> with duplicate messages in the queue?
>>

> Yes.  You have to make sure that the messages sent to the
> 'Consumer.*.VirtualTopic.>' destination are not forwarded.  This can
> be done by configuring the network connector something like:
>
>     <networkConnectors>
>       <networkConnector uri="static://(tcp://localhost:61617)">
>       	<excludedDestinations>
>    	  <queue physicalName="Consumer.*.VirtualTopic.>"/>
>       	</excludedDestinations>
>       </networkConnector>
>     </networkConnectors>
>
> I've updated
> http://goopen.org/confluence/display/ACTIVEMQ/Virtual+Destinations
> to  include this information.

I don't really understand the notation for wildcards here... can you explain
what the ">" and "*" mean in those examples? What if I wanted to map
VirtualTopic.> to a queue named just the part after the ".", so, for
example,

VirtualTopic.Foo -> Foo

where "Foo" is the name of the Queue?

Hiram Chirino wrote:

>> Also, the configuration shown on the virtual destination page seems out
>> of
>> date... at least, the destinationInterceptors element doesn't show up in
>> the
>> XSD I've got from a few days ago. Is there another way to do this, or is
>> the
>> XSD out of date?
>
> Chances are it's out of date.

Any chance of getting an updated XSD? I'm using XML namespaces, so I kind of
need an up-to-date XSD to work...

Re: JMS to JMS Bridge: Any Topic -> Queue Bridges?

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
On 8/2/06, jcarreira <jc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The virtual destination sounds interesting. If I have several boxes in a
> cluster, each mapping the virtual topic to the physical queue, will I end up
> with duplicate messages in the queue?

Yes.  You have to make sure that the messages sent to the
'Consumer.*.VirtualTopic.>' destination are not forwarded.  This can
be done by configuring the network connector something like:

    <networkConnectors>
      <networkConnector uri="static://(tcp://localhost:61617)">
      	<excludedDestinations>
   	  <queue physicalName="Consumer.*.VirtualTopic.>"/>
      	</excludedDestinations>
      </networkConnector>
    </networkConnectors>

I've updated http://goopen.org/confluence/display/ACTIVEMQ/Virtual+Destinations
to  include this information.

> Also, the configuration shown on the virtual destination page seems out of
> date... at least, the destinationInterceptors element doesn't show up in the
> XSD I've got from a few days ago. Is there another way to do this, or is the
> XSD out of date?

Chances are it's out of date.

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: JMS to JMS Bridge: Any Topic -> Queue Bridges?

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Looks like you sould look into networks + virtual topics, see:

http://activemq.com/site/virtual-destinations.html
http://activemq.com/site/networks-of-brokers.html