Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Chris <cp...@embarqmail.com> on 2015/05/02 00:48:15 UTC

The query to URIBL was blocked

Seeing this in most of the markups

0.0 URIBL_BLOCKED          ADMINISTRATOR NOTICE: The query to URIBL was
blocked.
                           See
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/DnsBlocklists#dnsbl-block
                             for more information.
                            [URIs: spamurihere.com]

I installed Bind9 as a caching name server and AFAICT it's running
correctly. If I go to the URIBL.com site it has a test to see which DNS
server is being blocked http://uribl.com/refused.shtml. I ran the test
and the result is:

chris@localhost:~$ host -tTXT 2.0.0.127.multi.uribl.com
2.0.0.127.multi.uribl.com descriptive text "permanent testpoint"

The output doesn't show any blocked DNS servers. If that's the case then
why am I still seeing the output in my markup?

Chris

Note, I sent this about 2hrs ago and it hasn't made it to the list. I guess
possibly the URI listed caused it to be trashed.

--
Chris
KeyID 0xE372A7DA98E6705C