Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dwayne Ghant <dg...@temple.edu> on 2005/01/05 15:44:19 UTC

More then one appBase per virtual Host...

I was wonder if I could have more than one "*|appBase|*" per host.
or what if I wanted my host to have more then one *|"appBase."  How
would I configure this or can it be configure at all???

May I could make two host with the same virtual host Name???????
EX:
 <Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="/var/www/html/"
       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true" deployOnStartup="true"

</Host>

 <Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="/home/*/public_html"
       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true" deployOnStartup="true"

</Host>

I know that my imagination is really out ther now!!!

Any comment is appreciated.

Thank you for your  time.

--

Dwayne A. Ghant
Application Developer

Re: More then one appBase per virtual Host...

Posted by QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>.
On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 11:35:33AM -0800, Dwayne Ghant wrote:
: Anybody want to take  a shoot at this????

Sure, I'll take a stab.

A little patience, please -- some (many?) of us have day gigs in which
it's none too proper to answer list questions on company time.

: >I was wonder if I could have more than one "*|appBase|*" per host.

I'm not quite sure I understand, so why not try to rephrase the
question?
What's your end-goal?  It may have nothing to do with the appBase attr.

: ><Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="/home/*/public_html"

I think I see, now... Instead of trying to stick everything in the
user's homedir, why not just create a separate area and have each user
put their webapps there?  For example:

	appBase="/some/dir/tomcat_users"

and under that dir, you'd have
	user1/WEB-INF/....
	user2/....

etc.

btw, do you really want to put all users' webapps under the same
container?  That may be asking for a headache, in all but the most basic
usage scenarios.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com

Re: More then one appBase per virtual Host...

Posted by Dwayne Ghant <dg...@temple.edu>.

--

Dwayne A. Ghant
Application Developer