Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Abhishek Bhattacharjee <ab...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/15 07:04:37 UTC

[Need help] [How to benchmark storm topologies]

I wish to benchmark two topologies for storm, one is stateless and doesn't
store any intermediate state and tuples are replayed and re-processed when
failure occurs. Whereas the other is stateful and intermediate state is
saved.

I want to see the performance in both the cases with equal amount of
failures.
How should I go about it ?
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

*Abhishek Bhattacharjee*
*Pune Institute of Computer Technology*

Re: [Need help] [How to benchmark storm topologies]

Posted by Danijel Schiavuzzi <da...@schiavuzzi.com>.
You have to use the Storm Metrics API, and implement a Storm Metrics
consumer to consume those metrics. For Statsd and Graphite, have a look at
the storm-metrics-statsd project on GitHub, which implements a metrics
consumer that forwards Storm's metrics to Statsd.

On Sunday, February 16, 2014, Abhishek Bhattacharjee <
abhishek.bhattacharjee11@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mark could you please elaborate how you are using statsD and Graphite with
> storm.
> I understand that statsD sends data to Graphite. But how are you using
> statsD for storm ?
> Could you give me any sample code or any links so that I can understand
> how to work with it.
>
> Thanks
>

> On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 3:40 AM, Abhishek Bhattacharjee <
> abhishek.bhattacharjee11@gmail.com<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','abhishek.bhattacharjee11@gmail.com');>
> > wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the reply :)
>>

>> On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 1:17 PM, Mark Hu <markhu101@gmail.com<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','markhu101@gmail.com');>
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> We instrument our spout and bolts using statsd and graphite due to its
>>> ease of use and flexibility. Its UDP and won't add additional risk or
>>> vulnerabilities to your topologies.
>>>  On Feb 15, 2014 1:05 AM, "Abhishek Bhattacharjee" <
>>> abhishek.bhattacharjee11@gmail.com<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','abhishek.bhattacharjee11@gmail.com');>>

>> --
>> *Abhishek Bhattacharjee*
>> *Pune Institute of Computer Technology*
>>

> --
> *Abhishek Bhattacharjee*
> *Pune Institute of Computer Technology*

--
Danijel Schiavuzzi

E: danijel@schiavuzzi.com
W: www.schiavuzzi.com
T: +385989035562
Skype: danijels7

Re: [Need help] [How to benchmark storm topologies]

Posted by Abhishek Bhattacharjee <ab...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Abhishek Bhattacharjee <ab...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply :)

Posted by Mark Hu <ma...@gmail.com>.