Posted to dev@aurora.apache.org by Yingbo Wang <yb...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/23 08:51:25 UTC

What is the 'role' in aurora ?

hi,
    I am curious about the concept of 'role' in aurora. Is it just a way to
organize jobs/tasks, on top of "environment"?  Or can we assign access
privilege to the roles?

   Our application would love to have the access control of the task
running in aurora. I am a little bit confused about the access control of
aurora tasks. More specific,  what's the tasks' access privilege to the
file system , and is there any way to control the access ?
      I got confused impression because I saw 'chroot' in the directory
files so I assumed the tasks are running in chroot so the tasks can't
access anything outside of the executing directory. However when I used
simple commands such as "cp" or "ls" it seems the tasks can access file
systems outside of the executing directory.

Best
Yingbo