Posted to dev@metron.apache.org by "Zeolla@GMail.com" <ze...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/26 16:30:32 UTC

Cannot close JIRAs I didn't originally request

I assigned a JIRA (METRON-354
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/METRON-354>) to me that was reported
by someone else, and it appears that I don't have the permissions to close
it.  For clarity, I didn't have access to close it before I assigned it to
myself either.  Would someone be willing to delegate me the appropriate
access?  Alternatively, if you're not comfortable providing that level of
access, or if it is not simple to do, I would be happy to ask that the
original requester close their own ticket.

Thanks,

Jon
--

Jon

Sent from my mobile device

Re: Cannot close JIRAs I didn't originally request

Posted by Anand Subramanian <as...@hortonworks.com>.
Hello Jon,

I went ahead and marked the defect as 'Done'.

However, I could not find a way to specify the reason for resolution (not reproducible, for e.g.) when closing the ticket. I am not sure if this is by design, or that additional privileges are required for more fields to show up.

Regards,
Anand

Posted by "Zeolla@GMail.com" <ze...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Anand!  Things seem to be working as expected.

Jon

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 1:50 AM Anand Subramanian <
asubramanian@hortonworks.com> wrote:

Hey Jon,

Here you go - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/METRON-772

-Anand

--

Jon

Re: Cannot close JIRAs I didn't originally request

Posted by Anand Subramanian <as...@hortonworks.com>.
Hey Jon,

Posted by "Zeolla@GMail.com" <ze...@gmail.com>.

--

Jon

Re: Cannot close JIRAs I didn't originally request

Posted by Nick Allen <ni...@nickallen.org>.

Posted by Nick Allen <ni...@nickallen.org>.

Posted by Nick Allen <ni...@nickallen.org>.

Posted by "Zeolla@GMail.com" <ze...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

>     > On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 8:30 AM, Zeolla@GMail.com <ze...@gmail.com>
>     > wrote:
>     >
>     > > I assigned a JIRA (METRON-354
>     > > <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/METRON-354>) to me that was
>     > > reported
>     > > by someone else, and it appears that I don't have the permissions
>     > close
>     > > it.  For clarity, I didn't have access to close it before I
> assigned it
>     > > myself either.  Would someone be willing to delegate me the
> appropriate
>     > > access?  Alternatively, if you're not comfortable providing that
> level of
>     > > access, or if it is not simple to do, I would be happy to ask that
> the
>     > > original requester close their own ticket.

Jon

Re: Cannot close JIRAs I didn't originally request

Posted by Matt Foley <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Zeolla@GMail.com" <ze...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Zeolla@GMail.com" <ze...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@apache.org>.