Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/05 09:06:53 UTC

Improvement in the way we store properties in synapse configuration

Hi,

Since we have added the ability to keep string literals as inline
properties, that is:

     <set-property name="name">String literal as the property</set-property>

we will have to think about the following scenario. If the user specifies
the inline property as a string literal with characters such as "<", ">",
then we will not be able to pass this piece of xml since they are not valid
XML: for example,

    <set-property name="name">String literal with greater than sign ">" or
any other that kind of char</set-property>

We have two options to solve this issue
1. use the *escape* character to escape that character getting as xml tag
2. Use *CDATA* tag to specify string literal inline properties

I prefer the second option over the other hence it is comprehensive. In both
these cases we need to change the XMLConfigurationSerializer and Builder
classes (Not realy those 2 classes, but PropertySerializer and the Factory)

Comments!!!!

Thanks,
Ruwan.

Re: Improvement in the way we store properties in synapse configuration

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Paul, Asankha and all,

I have done this improvement and the patch is in the following jira...

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ManageAttachments.jspa?id=12352827

Now one can give inline string properties with or without CDATA which will
resolve entering '>' signs inside the property.

Thanks,
Ruwan.

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
I'm +1 on CDATA.

We already use that (well its the sample comment) for the JavaScript mediator.

Paul

On 10/5/06, Asankha C. Perera <as...@wso2.com> wrote:
> Ruwan
>
> > 2. Use *CDATA* tag to specify string literal inline properties
> >
> +1
> asankha

Paul Fremantle

http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle
paul@wso2.com

Re: Improvement in the way we store properties in synapse configuration

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Ruwan