Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Brett Hoerner <br...@bretthoerner.com> on 2013/05/01 17:48:58 UTC

SolrCloud facet query repeatably fails with "No live SolrServers" for some terms, not all

An example:
https://gist.github.com/bretthoerner/2ffc362450bcd4c2487a

I'll note that all shards and replicas show as "Up" (green) in the Admin UI.

Does anyone know how this could happen? I can repeat this over and over
with the same terms. It was my understanding that something like a facet
query would need to go to *all* shards for any query (I'm using the default
SolrCloud sharding mechanism, nothing special).

How could a text field search for 'happy' always work and 'austin' always
return an error, shouldn't that "down server" be hit for a 'happy' query
also?

Thanks,
Brett