Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Morris <mo...@yahoo.com> on 2007/05/22 17:32:53 UTC

JNDI Connector Problem

        For the past few weeks I have attempted to get the Shibboleth Internet2 Middleware servlet running under Tomcat. I have been able to get
the servelet to run and respond however I am stuck on the very last part. That is passing the username and password attributes from my login
form (login.jsp) to Active Directory for authentication. I have setup a JNDI relm in accordance to what my research told me; however, I am not
completely convinced that this is the correct setup for the JNDI connector. On the surface everything appears to be functioning but no matter
what I enter into my login.jsp it returns incorrect password or username. Any assistance would be helpful.

             <Realm
                 ResourceName="AD"
                 className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm"
                 connectionURL="ldap://127.0.0.1:389/"
                 connectionName="Administrator@test.network.com"
                 connectionPassword="password"
                 userPattern="uid={0},ou=Users,dc=test,dc=network,dc=com"
                 userBase="OU=Users,DC=test,DC=network,DC=com"
                 userSubtree="true"
                 userRoleName="objectclass"
                 referrals="follow"
                 roleBase="OU=Users,dc=test,DC=network,DC=com"
                 roleSubtree="true"
                 roleName="Users"
                 roleSearch="(uniqueMember={0})"
                 debug="99"/>

My login.jsp is fairly simple but is relevant in the current situation.

http://rafb.net/p/7RW13A34.html

The web.xml is also incredibly simplistic but here it is.

http://rafb.net/p/yGfieS69.html

And my server.xml

http://rafb.net/p/xCByJo42.html

and my logs.

http://rafb.net/p/l2IiVu86.html

      ____________________________________________________________________________________Shape Yahoo! in your own image.  Join our Network Research Panel today!   http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7