Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Hiranya Jayathilaka <hi...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/27 18:22:59 UTC

Versions Updated in Trunk

Hi Devs,

Please note that I've updated the artifact versions in the trunk to
2.2.0-SNAPSHOT. A Jenkins build has already completed and the artifacts
have been published to the repo at
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/synapse
.

In the future this should be a part of the branching process. That is we
should update the trunk version as soon as we create a new release branch.
I'll update the release process doc.

Thanks,
Hiranya

--
Hiranya Jayathilaka
Associate Technical Lead;

Re: Versions Updated in Trunk

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 18:22, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Devs,
>
> Please note that I've updated the artifact versions in the trunk to
> 2.2.0-SNAPSHOT. A Jenkins build has already completed and the artifacts have
> been published to the repo
> at https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/synapse.
>
> In the future this should be a part of the branching process. That is we
> should update the trunk version as soon as we create a new release branch.
> I'll update the release process doc.

This should not be done manually. You should use maven-release-plugin
to create branches, in which case the version numbers of the POMs in
the trunk are changed automatically.