Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Agile Jack <ag...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/08 17:17:37 UTC

[GT2005] Capture Audio for Podcast?

As a devoted podcast listener -- is there any way we can do simple audio
capture of GT2005 sessions and then post on
cocoongt.org<http://cocoongt.org>site as a podcast? This would be
extremely valuable.

>From what I have been hearing, capturing useful quality audio isn't that
hard or expensive -- just need decent microphones and most importantly, make
sure we use them consistently. Probably some of you already have experience?

Simpler certainly than trying to capture & publish video ...

WDOT?

Re: [GT2005] Capture Audio for Podcast?

Posted by Agile Jack <ag...@gmail.com>.
On 9/8/05, Torsten Schlabach <ts...@apache.org> wrote:

> I agree, this would be a good idea!
>
> We just need to make sure that one (better two) people take care of the
> recording and publishing. We also need to make sure that the audio
> system will provide a suitable connection.
>
> Where would the RSS be published? On the Cocoon zone?

I was thinking cocoongt.org <http://cocoongt.org> ... the content could be
purely static ... or we could build something smarter. But I don't really
know details of how that site is hosted, what other options there might be,
etc. Others probably know better.

Regards,

Posted by Torsten Schlabach <ts...@apache.org>.

Posted by Agile Jack <ag...@gmail.com>.
On 9/8/05, Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> wrote:

> Le 8 sept. 05, à 17:17, Agile Jack a écrit :
>
> > ... >From what I have been hearing, capturing useful quality audio
> > isn't that hard or expensive -- just need decent microphones and most
> > importantly, make sure we use them consistently. Probably some of you
> > already have experience?..
>
> Microphones will certainly be used, so the best thing would be to plug
> your recording gear directly into the hall's sound system.

Good point.

Arje, any chance we can get our hands on the sound system before the
conference to see what kind of outputs it has and try hooking up to it to
verify sound quality, etc.?

Given good-quality sounds files, the podcast part should be easy ...

Publishing audio is a good idea, much easier to do than video.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gavin Carothers <gc...@amesondemand.com>.
As someone who has just started diving deeper into Cocoon and who's company
has a dim view of paying for a trip to Amsterdam I would be insanely happy to
have a copy of the audio from the conference. If there is anything those of
us who can't come can do to make this happen I'd be happy to do it.

Cheers,
Gavin