Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Barry Draper <ba...@informix.com> on 2000/08/24 20:26:27 UTC

Fwd: Re: xml-xerces/java make docs

Is there a bug fix available now for the make docs bug in 1.1.2 Xerces-J?
If so, how do I get it?

Thanks.
Barry Draper
Informix Software, Inc., Oakland, CA (barry@informix.com)

Re: Re: xml-xerces/java make docs

Posted by Barry Draper <ba...@informix.com>.
Ok, one more time. For the barrydocs target (my modification of docs target),
 I saw that I had mistakenly changed docs/docs-book.xml to
barrydocs/docs-book.xml.
I just want the target directory to be barrydocs, and for docs to contain
the xml files
I changed in the xerces-j/Makefile the reference to
barrydocs/docs-book.xml back to docs/docs-book.xml so the target barrydocs
looks like this:

< barrydocs:: ./src/classfiles_updated
<       @echo Building Stylebook docs in docs directory
<       ${MKDIR} barrydocs/html
<       $(STYLEBOOK) "targetDirectory=barrydocs/html" docs/docs-book.xml
tools/style-apachexml.jar

and ran Gmake barrydocs. This did produce the exact same error as Fleur Dragan
reported:

Gmake -f Makefile.docs barrydocs
Building Stylebook docs in docs directory
mkdir -p  barrydocs/html
java -classpath
"./tools/xalan.jar:./tools/xerces.jar:./src:./samples:./tools-1_2_0/styleboo
k-1.0-b2.jar:.:/opt/depot/jdk-1.2.2/lib:/vobs/xml/xerces-j/bin/xerces.jar:/v
obs/xml/xerces-j/bin/xercesSamples.jar:/vobs/xml/xalan-j/build/xalan.jar:/vo
bs/xml/xalan-j/build/samples/xalansamples.jar"
org.apache.stylebook.StyleBook "targetDirectory=barrydocs/html"
docs/docs-book.xml tools/style-apachexml.jar
[StyleBook] Overriding targetDirectory="barrydocs/html" (Old=".")
[StyleBook] Project URL: "sbk:/sources/docs-book.xml"
[BasicEngine] Initializing
[Loader] Parsing Project file
[XalanProcessor] Applying XSL sheet "sbk:/style/stylesheets/book2project.xsl"
[Loader] Caught java.util.zip.ZipException
[StyleBook] Caught org.apache.stylebook.LoadingException
org.apache.stylebook.LoadingException: error in opening zip file
        at org.apache.stylebook.Loader.load(Loader.java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.stylebook.StyleBook.getProject(StyleBook.java,
Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.stylebook.StyleBook.main(StyleBook.java, Compiled Code)
[StyleBook] Error creating project
Gmake: *** [barrydocs] Error 3

I am sorry for the confusion. I have gone back and forth with this trying
to debug it
and hadn't looked at it for some time.
So, I restate my original conclusion that the bug which Fleur reported
still exists
in 1.2.0 Xerces-Java and it appears to be an error opening a ZIP file. The
question is,
which ZIP file? The only ZIP file I find is part of Xalan-Java. It is
xalan-j/xdocs/xml-site-style.tar.gz.

Barry

Barry

Posted by Barry Draper <ba...@informix.com>.