Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Michael Busch <bu...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/18 11:07:16 UTC

2.4.1 release?

Hi all,

2.4.0 is out since October and since then two quite serious bugs were fixed:
- LUCENE-1452: Binary fields content lost after segment merging
- LUCENE-1474: Incorrect SegmentInfo.delCount when IndexReader.flush()
is used

I think we should make a 2.4.1 release?

-Michael

Re: 2.4.1 release?

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
OK I swept all the 2.9 issues and marked the ones I think should be
2.4.1, and reopened the ones that were not already backported ... if I
missed anything, please go and mark it 2.4.1.

If you have a 2.4.1 issue (actually I think only Mark has one, besides
me), please back-port it.

Then I'll start the release process probably sometime next week...

Mike

Re: 2.4.1 release?

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
OK, we're now down to 3 2.4.1 issues:

   https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&resolution=-1&pid=12310110&fixfor=12313516

I've got 2 of them and I think Mark Harwood has the 3rd (LUCENE-1500).

Once we get this down to zero then I'll get the release process going...

Mike

Re: 2.4.1 release?

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
OK thanks Mark!  I'll wait a few days for any one else to mark 2.4.1
issues and then start the release process.

Mike

Re: 2.4.1 release?

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: 2.4.1 release?

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: 2.4.1 release?

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.

Re: 2.4.1 release?

Posted by Andi Vajda <va...@osafoundation.org>.
On Feb 18, 2009, at 12:04, Michael McCandless
<lu...@mikemccandless.com> wrote:

> I agree.  Maybe also:
>
>  LUCENE-1465: NearSpansOrdered.getPayload does not return the
> payload from the minimum match span
>  LUCENE-1453: Directory gets closed too early with IndexReader.reopen
>  LUCENE-1519: Change Primitive Data Types from int to long in class
> SegmentMerger.java
>  LUCENE-1521: "fdx size mismatch" exception in
> StoredFieldsWriter.closeDocStore() when closing index with 500M
> documents

+1

Andi..

Re: 2.4.1 release?

Posted by Michael Busch <bu...@gmail.com>.
On 2/18/09 12:04 PM, Michael McCandless wrote:

> I agree.  Maybe also:
>
>   LUCENE-1465: NearSpansOrdered.getPayload does not return the payload
> from the minimum match span
>   LUCENE-1453: Directory gets closed too early with IndexReader.reopen
>   LUCENE-1519: Change Primitive Data Types from int to long in class
> SegmentMerger.java
>   LUCENE-1521: "fdx size mismatch" exception in
> StoredFieldsWriter.closeDocStore() when closing index with 500M documents

+1
> Others?
>
> I'll mark these to include 2.4.1 fix version.
>
> Though I'd also like to get the ball rolling on 2.9...

+1. I'll try to work on my 2.9 patches this weekend.

Re: 2.4.1 release?

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
I agree.  Maybe also: