Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/10 13:41:16 UTC

Question about patches

Mentors,

For NIFI-154 we received a patch via Jira.  I read that this is inherently
considered a submission that is useable but that was on the webpage of
another apache project.  Is this correct?  Do we need to request ICLAs
before we can use these things?

Just want to make sure the process of accepting patches is understood.

Thanks
Joe

Re: Question about patches

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

I just asked @infra if it requires its own JIRA.

Re: Question about patches

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Question about patches

Posted by Jake Visser <ja...@nightrise.com.au>.
Hi there,

Sorry I was meaning to send an email about the patch as well but time got away from me. The patch was more a way to discuss if this is the "right way" to do it.

I would be more than happy to become a committer and submit right to git / close out the tickets if its easier.

Cheers

Jake

Sent from my phone.

Re: Question about patches

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.
I think the integration between the PR (esp comments) and the notification
list was an optional component last time I heard about it. If we're going
to take regular contributions directly from github, we should make sure
that is turned on so that the activity hits some ASF mailing list (though
preferably not dev@nifi).

--
Sean

Re: Question about patches