Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nick Stuart <ns...@cs.usm.maine.edu> on 2002/12/23 19:27:20 UTC

virtual host problems...

Ok, I have tomcat and apache running together nicely but am having a
problem getting the virtual hosting for it to work.
Right now when I go to:
<VirtualHost vort112>
    ServerName vort112
    Alias /examples "/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/examples"

    <Directory "/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/examples">
       Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
       DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.jsp
    </Directory>

    # Deny direct access to WEB-INF and META-INF
    #
    <Location "/examples/WEB-INF/*">
       AllowOverride None
       deny from all
    </Location>

    <Location "/examples/META-INF/*">
	AllowOverride None
        deny from all
    </Location>

    JkMount /examples/jsp/security/protected/j_security_check  worker1
    JkMount /examples/snoop  worker1
    JkMount /examples/servlet/*  worker1
    JkMount /examples/CompressionTest  worker1
    JkMount /examples/*.jsp  worker1
    JkMount /examples/servletToJsp  worker1
    JkMount /examples/SendMailServlet  worker1
</VirtualHost>
/jsp/
it re-directs me to
http://<ip-address>/examples/jsp/
which I dont really want.
Now when I had the following for virtual hosting..
[...]

I have some odd behavior. What happens is that i can still go to:
http://<domain>/examples
and it will display the contents of it in the tomcat format, but when I
got to:
http://<domain>/examples/jsp/
it gives an access denied error, even if I just try to go to a normal
html page inside that directory.
Not sure what to change, I basically copied what was generated in the
mod_jk.conf-auto file by tomcat, but didn't want to use it because I
don't need/want all the other directories in there.
I've look through the archives and couldn't find any thing that
resembled this problem, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time!
--

-Nick Stuart

USM Computer Science Major