Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Phill <ph...@smershnet.com> on 2006/07/12 18:47:01 UTC

Ant deploy to different timezone

I'm deploying an application using the ant deploy task from a server
in one timezone to Tomcat on a server which is in a timezone one hour
behind.
When the war gets deployed on the remote server the difference in
timezone is not taken into account and I end up with files dated in
the future, which causes problems for the application.

Local server:
$ jar -vtf myapp.war
    367 Wed Jul 12 18:20:28 CEST 2006 common/footer.xhtml
    336 Wed Jul 12 18:20:28 CEST 2006 common/header.xhtml

Remote Tomcat server:
$ date
Wed Jul 12 17:35:11 BST 2006
-rw-r--r--   1 www  wheel   367 Jul 12 18:20 footer.xhtml
-rw-r--r--   1 www  wheel   336 Jul 12 18:20 header.xhtml

Is this the expected behaviour or an issue with the Tomcat ant task
or maybe the jar command?
Suggestions appreciated to get around the problem.
Thanks
Phill