Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Raihan Jamal <ja...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/11 07:39:15 UTC

Two Cluster each with 12 nodes- Cassandra database

I have started working on a project in which I am using `Cassandra
database`.

Our production DBA's have setup `two cluster` and each cluster will have
`12 nodes`.

I will be using `Pelops client` to read the data from Cassandra database.
Now I am thinking what's the best way to create `Cluster` using `Pelops
client` like how many nodes I should add while creating cluster?

My understanding was to create the cluster with all the `24 nodes` as I
will be having two cluster each with 12 nodes? This is the right approach?

*If not, then how we decide what nodes (from each cluster) I should add
while creating the cluster using Pelops client?
*

    String[] nodes = cfg.getStringArray("cassandra.servers");

    int port = cfg.getInt("cassandra.port");

    boolean dynamicND = true; // dynamic node discovery

    Config casconf = new Config(port, true, 0);

    Cluster cluster = new Cluster(nodes, casconf, dynamicND);

    Pelops.addPool(Const.CASSANDRA_POOL, cluster, Const.CASSANDRA_KS);

Can anyone help me out with this?

Any help will be appreciated.

**

Re: Two Cluster each with 12 nodes- Cassandra database

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
If you are starting out using Java I *strongly* suggest using this client https://github.com/Netflix/astyanax/ see the documentation here https://github.com/Netflix/astyanax/wiki

> My understanding was to create the cluster with all the `24 nodes` as I will be having two cluster each with 12 nodes? This is the right approach?
As discussed, you can have two separate clusters but you probably want to have one cluster with two data centres, each with 12 nodes. See http://www.datastax.com/docs/1.2/initialize/cluster_init

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant