Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/17 23:39:58 UTC

Using svnpubsub for workspace maintenance

This relates to WHIMSY-278 - stale members.txt file.

Even if the caching issue can be sorted, there will still be problems
with parallel updates to files.

I think it may be necessary to use pubsub for ensuring that the SVN
workspaces are kept up-to-date.

This would mean that tools/svnupdate was no longer needed.
The rake cron job could be kept as a backup, but perhaps run less frequently.

Thoughts?

Re: Using svnpubsub for workspace maintenance

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Just realised that pubsub only works for public repos; Whimsy mostly
needs private data. So won't help much.

It may be possible to extend svnupdate instead.

S.

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>