Posted to geospatial@apache.org by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com> on 2017/09/09 20:12:12 UTC

Re: Map projections: an Apache SIS - Proj.4 comparison (1/2)

Le 28/08/2017 à 17:34, Rob Emanuele a écrit :

> Follow up question: is the benchmarking code somewhere that I can
> build on? I'd like to compare how Proj4J would do against SIS and proj.4.

I posted a preliminary version of the benchmark code here:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sis/release-test/maven/src/main/java/org/apache/sis/test/referencing/CoordinateOperationComparator.java

I will try to help for Proj4J wrappers (so it can easily be added to the
tests) later this month, after OGC meeting.

    Martin

GeoAPI for Proj4J?

Posted by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com>.
Hello Rob

Do you have a code repository setup for Proj4J? If yes and if it is okay
for you, I may be able to explore this weekend the possibility to expose
Proj4J referencing services through GeoAPI 3.0.1 interfaces.

    Regards,

        Martin

Posted by Rob Emanuele <rd...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the code Martin.

Let me know when you are interested in starting that up, I'll give an
update on Proj4j's progress - we might have gotten it into LocationTech's
repo by then.

Best,
Rob