Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Walid Aljoby <wa...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2016/07/07 10:35:40 UTC

Set Number of supervisors

Hi all,
I want to run more than one supervisor. I just created two process: storm supervisor, but what I can see in the UI only one supervisor!So Anyone can tell how can we specify the number supervisors?
The second question: from supervisor machines when I access UI by the IP address of nimbus, it works fine, but through localhost or IP address of slave node, internal server error occurs1Is it possible to explore UI through slave nodes IP addresses, or should be only by the IP address of nimbus node?
Thank You--Best Regards
WA

Re: Set Number of supervisors

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <mj...@apache.org>.
The UI is an independent process that (usually) runs on the same machine
as Nimbus.

Thus, you can only access is using the IP from the machine the UI runs
on (usually Nimbus machine).

-Matthias

Posted by Walid Aljoby <wa...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <mj...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <mj...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Joaquin Menchaca <jm...@gobalto.com>.
I'm guessing what you are doing is you have the standard ports for
supervisor running.  When you launch supervisor again, it will not be able
to bind on those same ports, so it'll just quit.  The UI will only report
one, as the second supervisor cannot bind to the ports already in use.

To really do this, would be to run a supervisor, change the ports in
storm.yaml, then run a second supervisor.  But this is not how these should
work.  If you want to try these out with multiple supervisors on one
system, then it'd be best to segregate each supervisor, using a container,
or full VM.  You can use vagrant to automate a multi-node environment.

I made an example with Storm 0.10.0 using vagrant (and some shell scripts
to install and provision w/ storm):
https://github.com/darkn3rd/storm-vagrant

--

是故勝兵先勝而後求戰,敗兵先戰而後求勝。