Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> on 2003/05/03 19:20:26 UTC

Maven and Struts

Hi all,

I would like to add struts v1.1rc1 to my project dependancies - however
this version of struts depends on a nighly build of commons-logging,
which does not seem to be available on ibiblio (the version there is too
old AFAIK).

I have downloaded the nightly build I need, but I am not sure how to
have this included in my WAR file. I see in the manual that you can
override jar versions in project.properties, but this doesn't seem to
work for WAR files.

Any clues?

Regards,
Graham

Re: Maven and Struts

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
Joe Germuska wrote:

> Install the commons-logging JAR in
> $MAVEN_HOME/repository/commons-logging/jars/commons-logging-FOO.jar
>
> and set your dependency to
> <dependency>
> <id>commons-logging</id>
> <version>FOO</version>
> </dependency>
>
> and Maven will never go looking for commons-logging-FOO.jar because it
> will already be in your repository.

This worked great, thanks!

Regards,
Graham

Re: Maven and Struts

Posted by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com>.
At 7:20 PM +0200 5/3/03, Graham Leggett wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I would like to add struts v1.1rc1 to my project dependancies -
>however this version of struts depends on a nighly build of
>commons-logging, which does not seem to be available on ibiblio (the
>version there is too old AFAIK).
>
>I have downloaded the nightly build I need, but I am not sure how to
>have this included in my WAR file. I see in the manual that you can
>override jar versions in project.properties, but this doesn't seem
>to work for WAR files.

Install the commons-logging JAR in
$MAVEN_HOME/repository/commons-logging/jars/commons-logging-FOO.jar

and set your dependency to
<dependency>
<id>commons-logging</id>
<version>FOO</version>
</dependency>

and Maven will never go looking for commons-logging-FOO.jar because
it will already be in your repository.

I would probably use a datestamp for the nightly build in place of
FOO, like "20030503", but it's arbitrary.  The thing is that since
your project truly depends on THAT version of commons-logging, it
would be better to indicate that in your project.xml dependencies,
rather than overriding it and hiding the true dependency.

Joe

Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com
http://blog.germuska.com
"If nature worked that way, the universe would crash all the time."
	--Jaron Lanier