Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> on 2006/07/04 23:04:14 UTC

CAR packaging failed

Can anyone shed some light onto why this might have happened?

Something changed in my workspace last night... but not sure what, as
this only recently started to fail consistently w/Corba J2EE Client.

<rant>
This is one reason why its a massive pain to work for so many days
with out committing... can't just diff my workspace against working
environment of yesterday and figure this out myself... well I might
figure it out myself, but it would be much easier actually using the
SCM to facilitate this.
</rant>

<snip>
[INFO]
----
[INFO] Building Geronimo Configs :: Corba J2EE Client
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
----
[INFO] [clean:clean {execution: default}]
[INFO] Deleting directory /Users/jason/ws/apache/geronimo/trunk/
configs/client-corba/target
[INFO] Deleting directory /Users/jason/ws/apache/geronimo/trunk/
configs/client-corba/target/classes
[INFO] Deleting directory /Users/jason/ws/apache/geronimo/trunk/
configs/client-corba/target/test-classes
[INFO] [car:dependencies]
[WARNING] POM for 'activecluster:activecluster:pom:1.1-
SNAPSHOT:provided' is invalid. It will be ignored for artifact
resolution. Reason: Not a v4.0.0 POM.
[WARNING] POM for 'activemq:activemq:pom:3.2.4-SNAPSHOT:provided' is
invalid. It will be ignored for artifact resolution. Reason: Not a
v4.0.0 POM.
[WARNING] POM for 'activecluster:activecluster:pom:1.1-
SNAPSHOT:provided' is invalid. It will be ignored for artifact
resolution. Reason: Not a v4.0.0 POM.
[WARNING] POM for 'activemq:activemq:pom:3.2.4-SNAPSHOT:provided' is
invalid. It will be ignored for artifact resolution. Reason: Not a
v4.0.0 POM.
[WARNING] POM for 'activecluster:activecluster:pom:1.1-
SNAPSHOT:provided' is invalid. It will be ignored for artifact
resolution. Reason: Not a v4.0.0 POM.
[WARNING] POM for 'activemq:activemq:pom:3.2.4-SNAPSHOT:provided' is
invalid. It will be ignored for artifact resolution. Reason: Not a
v4.0.0 POM.
[WARNING] POM for 'activecluster:activecluster:pom:1.1-
SNAPSHOT:compile' is invalid. It will be ignored for artifact
resolution. Reason: Not a v4.0.0 POM.
[WARNING] POM for 'activemq:activemq:pom:3.2.4-SNAPSHOT:compile' is
invalid. It will be ignored for artifact resolution. Reason: Not a
v4.0.0 POM.
[INFO] [compiler:compile]
[INFO] No sources to compile
[INFO] [car:package]

     Packaging configuration /Users/jason/ws/apache/geronimo/trunk/
configs/client-corba/target/plan/plan.xml

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.LifecycleException: start of
org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-deployer/1.2-SNAPSHOT/car failed
         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfig
uration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:529)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfig
uration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:493)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager$
$FastClassByCGLIB$$ce77a924.invoke(<generated>)
         at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke
(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
         at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke
(GBeanOperation.java:122)
         at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke
(GBeanInstance.java:817)
         at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke
(RawInvoker.java:57)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke
(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept
(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
         at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationManager$
$EnhancerByCGLIB$$780a4ae2.startConfiguration(<generated>)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.plugin.packaging.PackageBuilder.execute
(PackageBuilder.java:324)
(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.plugin.packaging.PackageBuilderShellMojo.executePack
ageBuilderShell(PackageBuilderShellMojo.java:232)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.plugin.packaging.PackageBuilderShellMojo.execute
(PackageBuilderShellMojo.java:161)
         at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo
(DefaultPluginManager.java:412)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:534)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifec
ycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:475)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:454)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandle
Failures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:306)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:273)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:140)
         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:
322)
(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced
(Launcher.java:315)
         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode
(Launcher.java:430)
Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException:
Unknown start exception
         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGB
eans(ConfigurationUtil.java:440)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start
(KernelConfigurationManager.java:187)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfig
uration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:512)
         ... 35 more
Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException:
Configuration org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-system/1.2-SNAPSHOT/
car failed to start due to the following reasons:
   The service ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-system/
1.2-SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=ConfigurationStore,name=Local did not start
because org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-system/1.2-SNAPSHOT/car?
ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-system/1.2-SNAPSHOT/
car,j2eeType=Repository,name=Repository did not start.
   The service ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-system/
1.2-SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=GBean,name=ServerInfo did not start for an
unknown reason
   The service ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-system/
1.2-SNAPSHOT/
car,j2eeType=ConfigurationManager,name=ConfigurationManager did not
start because org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-system/1.2-SNAPSHOT/
car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-system/1.2-
SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=AttributeStore,name=AttributeManager did not
start.
   The service ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-system/
1.2-SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=Repository,name=Repository did not start
because org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-system/1.2-SNAPSHOT/car?
ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-system/1.2-SNAPSHOT/
car,j2eeType=GBean,name=ServerInfo did not start.
   The service ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-system/
1.2-SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=AttributeStore,name=AttributeManager did
not start because org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-system/1.2-
SNAPSHOT/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-system/
1.2-SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=GBean,name=ServerInfo did not start.
   The service ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-system/
1.2-SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=SystemLog,name=Logger did not start because
org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-system/1.2-SNAPSHOT/car?
ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-system/1.2-SNAPSHOT/
car,j2eeType=GBean,name=ServerInfo did not start.

         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGB
eans(ConfigurationUtil.java:403)
         ... 37 more
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.LifecycleException: start of
[...]

[INFO] Total time: 1 minute 29 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Tue Jul 04 13:42:54 PDT 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 23M/43M
[INFO]
</snip>

Thanks,

--jason

Re: CAR packaging failed

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Build-related logging in m2 is whack right now... will look into
fixing that soon.

--jason

Re: CAR packaging failed

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.