Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Wayne Johnson <wd...@yahoo.com> on 2007/05/01 15:44:36 UTC

Problem establishing a second connection in the same client

Good morning all.  I think I may have found another bug.

The client we have is apparently (AFAIK, I didn't write it) attempting to establish a second SSL connection to the service.  This causes HTTPTransport to call ChannelFactory::createChannel().  Since there is already a secure channel in m_ChannelLibrary, it falls through the if and returns a NULL for pChannel.  Shouldn't it be returning the channel it found?

If you can confirm this, I'll file a Jira and start working on a quick patch to submit.  Should be an easy fix, just want a developer to confirm my analysis.

Thanks.

---
Wayne Johnson,                         | There are two kinds of people: Those
3943 Penn Ave. N.          | who say to God, "Thy will be done,"
Minneapolis, MN 55412-1908 | and those to whom God says, "All right,
(612) 522-7003                         | then,  have it your way." --C.S. Lewis

---------------------------------
 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.

Re: Problem establishing a second connection in the same client

Posted by Nadir Amra <am...@us.ibm.com>.
Wayne, If this is actually what is happening, then yes.  I will take a
look, but I am not sure what exactly is suppose to happen.  If another SSL
connection needs to be established, it should go ahead and establish it.
Why would it use the existing SSL connection unless it is for the same
service?

Nadir K. Amra

Wayne Johnson <wd...@yahoo.com>
05/01/2007 08:44 AM