Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org> on 2017/06/09 16:03:37 UTC

OFBiz Blog - May 2017 Update

Hi Everyone

Our regular monthly blog update is now available at the link below:

https://blogs.apache.org/ofbiz/entry/apache-ofbiz-news-may-2017

As always thanks very much to Michael and  Jacques for their help putting it together and reviewing it.

Thanks
Sharan

Re: OFBiz Blog - May 2017 Update

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Thank you folks for the continuous great work.

On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 7:03 PM, Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Everyone
>
> Our regular monthly blog update is now available at the link below:
>
> https://blogs.apache.org/ofbiz/entry/apache-ofbiz-news-may-2017
>
> As always thanks very much to Michael and  Jacques for their help putting
> it together and reviewing it.
>
> Thanks
> Sharan

Re: GL Defaults

Posted by st...@comcast.net.
There is a SQL table which is easier to see than XML. If you have direct access to the OfBiz SQL tables look at table GL_ACCOUNTS (loaded from this file and other GL_ tables).

----- Original Message -----From: Yash Sharma <ya...@hotwaxsystems.com>To: user@ofbiz.apache.orgSent: Sat, 10 Jun 2017 09:00:19 -0000 (UTC)Subject: Re: GL Defaults

Hello Craig,

There is two file where demo data for GL Accounts is placed for defaultorganization, look into DemoGeneralChartOfAccounts.xml andDemoGlSetupData.xml files in accounting component.

On Sat, Jun 10, 2017 at 2:05 PM Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I think it's an easy question with a difficult answer. It depends on what> the "action" is. Some level of automation happens when using the order> component. Others when creating certain invoices / payments by setting the> appropriate mapping to GL in the accounting components.>> I hope others can help answer your question better than I could, but I> believe there no central "application" to trigger debit / credit> transactions based on events. I think it's really scattered across> different components for different purposes using different methodologies> (UI event, SECAs, parameter mapping, custom code, etc ...)>> So I think perhaps being more specific about the problem you're facing> might help give you better feedback.>> On Sat, Jun 10, 2017 at 4:47 AM, Craig Parker <cr...@fossfolks.com> wrote:>> > I'm tooling around the demo site and don't see what I'm looking for. I've> > called them "GL Defaults" for years, but maybe they're called something> > different in OFBiz...> >> > When some action occurs (AR payments on account, bank deposits, company> > vehicle repair bills) is there an application that lets you set which GL> > account gets credited/debited by default?> >>-- *Pradhan Yash Sharma* | Enterprise Software EngineerHotWax Commerce <http://www.hotwax.co/> by HotWax Systems<http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>Plot no. 80, Scheme no. 78 Part 2, Near Brilliant Convention Center, Indore,M.P. 452010Cell phone: 9826037579

HotWax Systems recently received 8 mentions in *The Gartner DigitalCommerce Vendor Guide, 2016 *by Gartner, Inc., the world's leading ITresearch and advisory company. Learn more about our research here<https://www.gartner.com/technology/media-products/newsletters/HotWax/1-2UVLP6M/index.html>.<http://www.hotwax.co/>

Re: GL Defaults

Posted by Yash Sharma <ya...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hello Craig,

--

.
<http://www.hotwax.co/>

Re: GL Defaults

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.

Re: GL Defaults

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi Craig

I think what you are looking for are called GL Account defaults in OFBiz and they can be configured and mapped using the standard OFBiz user screens.

The GL Account defaults are codes that describe a transaction or part of a transaction and allow you to specify which GL account (within your chart of a account) the transactions will be posted to.

You can find them via the following links in the OFBiz Menu structure:

1. Select Accounting
2. Select Organisation GL Settings
3. Click Setup (for the company)
4. Click GL Account Defaults

On the GL Accounts defaults screen, you can click the various links and see the mapping used for the demo data.

I think there are some setup parameters to control the automatic posting  (as not everyone might want to automatically post everything). By default our OFBiz demo is setup to automatically post all transactions to based on these settings.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Sharan

GL Defaults