Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Hope, Matthew" <Ma...@capitalone.com> on 2003/08/20 10:50:15 UTC

RE: Enhance performance by generating jar file with -0 option

I would hazard a guess that this is of no benefit to the majority of the
users of most of the commons and that those who know enough to know that
this is a problem for their app would know how to unpack/repack the jar.

As a user I prefer the default to be to pack things up to allow me to
operate in disk constrained environments (and to download things quicker
when doing automated repository downloads).

just my 2 cents as a user.

Matt