Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Pradeepta Bhattacharya <pr...@bsil.com> on 2006/07/12 16:53:58 UTC

Urgent :Kindly verify whether the procedure is right or not

Hello All,

            Kindly verify whether the procedure opted is right or not. I
have an urgent delivery and need to get this clarified as soon as possible.
I need to send a hierarchic object to a service as a parameter and get a
hierarchic object as a response. The steps taken by me is:-

1)      Define the Beans and the service interface

2)      Generate the WSDL using java2wsdl

3)      Generate the stubs and skeletons using the wsdl to java

4)      Put the business logic in the skeleton classes to perform the
required business operations

5)      Deploy it in the server

6)      Get the server WSDL generated and prepare the stubs to invoke the
service.

The procedure works fine as earlier the problem faced was that the
hierarchic object as request/response was not able to be
serialized/deserialized into SOAP stream. Could you please let me know if
this is the right procedure or there are some other mechanism that we are
suppose to use. Thanks a lot

Pradeepta

Optimized soap content

Posted by "Taylor, Clarence B" <Cl...@ca.com>.
I am attempting to create some web services for existing legacy
applications.  These applications *CAN* take hundreds of parameters but
usually any given invocation will only use a few.  My initial approach
was to create a java class, called InputParms, that have all of the
parameters defined as private with public getter/setters.  This way when
the client side, via its UI or other appropriate mechanism could set the
few parameters needed for this particular service and then invoke the
web-service with the InputParms class as one of the services parameters.
The service side of the code would then format the data appropriately
for the legacy service.

However when the InputParms class is serialized into the soap body it
becomes very large.  I am looking for a technique that is "content"
driven so that only those parameters specified are sent.  Because of the
large number of parameters, I hesitate to surface them in WSDL, because
then the WSDL becomes more unwieldy.

I am aware that this is not an "AXIS" issue per se, however since the
axis is engine is doing the serialization of the classes, I thought that
perhaps others have run into this issue.  If there are other appropriate
forums, pointers to them would be appreciated.

Thank you

Brad Taylor

AXIS2-811 rampart in weblogic 9.1

Posted by qz...@dstina.com.

I have the same issue as that found by Anamitra Bhattacharyya and reported
as a bug (AXIS2-811). I tried a simple web service with web service
security features engaged. It works fine under JBoss 4.0.4 but the same
thing does not work under Weblogic 9.1. I wonder if there is any resolution
to this issue in Axis2 or work around with Weblogic.  Thanks.

This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the
individual or company to which it is addressed and may contain
information which is privileged, confidential and prohibited from
disclosure or unauthorized use under applicable law.  If you are
not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified
that any use, dissemination, or copying of this e-mail or the
information contained in this e-mail is strictly prohibited by the
sender.  If you have received this transmission in error, please
return the material received to the sender and delete all copies
from your system.

Optional parameters in a service

Posted by Pradeepta Bhattacharya <pr...@bsil.com>.
How to define that some arguments for a service can be optional and can
contain null values. Do we specify them through wsdl or there is some other
mechanism to achieve that. Thanks a lot.

Kind Regards

Pradeepta

RE: Urgent :Kindly verify whether the procedure is right or not

Posted by Pradeepta Bhattacharya <pr...@bsil.com>.
We are supposed to send back an XML structure bean to the client. So the
structure is hierarchic in that sense.

Thanks.

Pradeepta

  _____

From: Pradeepta Bhattacharya <ma...@bsil.com>

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Kinichiro Inoguchi <in...@yahoo.com>.
Hi, Pradeepta

About RPCMessageReceiver, it is generic message receiver and
if you have service class and request & response bean class,
RPCMessageReceiver generates WSDL automatically and SOAP
selialize/deselialize will be done.
And, Yes, RPCMessageReceiver at the server side,
receiving SOAP request and send SOAP response.

You have your own service class and beans, so I thought
using RPCMessageReceiver is easy for you.

Regards,
kinichiro

--- Pradeepta Bhattacharya <pr...@bsil.com> wrote:

> 	I was following the same mechanism previously but was getting an
> error when the response was being returned to the client. As
> AirAvailabilityRequest object which is sent as a request parameter
> contains
> other objects which in turn has many objects and so on, I was getting
> this
> error frequently. So I shifted to this mechanism and it worked.
>
> 	 And also by using the RPCReceiver mechanism the services were not
> being able to be invoked by the .Net client.
>
> 	Could you please guide whether using the RPCReceiver mechanism what
> would act as my skeleton class. Would it be at the server? Thanks a
> lot.
>
> Pradeepta

locked="false">com.bsil.project.airtrade.shoppingengine.ShoppingEngine</para

Posted by Kinichiro Inoguchi <in...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Pradeepta Bhattacharya <pr...@bsil.com>.

Posted by Kinichiro Inoguchi <in...@yahoo.com>.