Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Sandeep Baldawa <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/07 10:22:19 UTC

agent upgrade expected behaviour?

Hi,

Had couple of questions on agent upgrade.

- What is the expected behaviour when "yum install
target/rpm/ambari-agent/RPMS/
x86_64/ambari-agent-1.3.0-SNAPSHOT2013" is ran twice or more, does the
agent behave like it is getting upgraded, because doing this causes
"/etc/ambari-agent/conf/ambari-agent.ini",  to be changed to
"/etc/ambari-agent/conf.save/ambari-agent.ini". Might not be good to
consider this as an upgrade scenario since we are installing the same agent
version here.

- Also since  /etc/ambari-agent/conf/ambari-agent.ini",  is changed to
"/etc/ambari-agent/conf.save/ambari-agent.ini" the agent gets disconnected
from the server. Is this an expected behaviour after upgrade?

Thanks,
Sandeep

Re: agent upgrade expected behaviour?

Posted by Sandeep Baldawa <sa...@gmail.com>.