Posted to user@spark.apache.org by fanooos <de...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/04 08:15:08 UTC

Connecting a PHP/Java applications to Spark SQL Thrift Server

We have installed hadoop cluster with hive and spark and the spark sql thrift
server is up and running without any problem.

Now we have set of applications need to use spark sql thrift server to query
some data.

Some of these applications are java applications and the others are PHP
applications.

As I am an old fashioned java developer, I used to connect java applications
to BD servers like Mysql using a JDBC driver. Is there a corresponding
driver for connecting with Spark Sql Thrift server ? Or what is the library
I need to use to connect to it?

For PHP, what are the ways we can use to connect PHP applications to Spark
Sql Thrift Server?

Re: Connecting a PHP/Java applications to Spark SQL Thrift Server

Posted by أنس الليثي <de...@gmail.com>.
Thanks very much, I used it and works fine with me.

--
Anas Rabei
Senior Software Developer

Re: Connecting a PHP/Java applications to Spark SQL Thrift Server

Posted by Arush Kharbanda <ar...@sigmoidanalytics.com>.

Posted by na...@reactor8.com.