Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Si Chen <si...@opensourcestrategies.com> on 2006/06/28 20:51:59 UTC

inventory transfers and the TRANSFER shipment type

Hi all.

We'd like to be able to manage large groups of inventory transfers as
shipments.

I'm trying to get the TRANSFER shipment type to create inventory
transfers automatically for all shipment items, but then I realized
that no ItemIssuance is created for TRANSFER shipment items, so I
couldn't create inventory transfers.  I also couldn't find a service
that just took productId and facilityId and reserved or found the
first in stock, un-reserved inventory item against it.  Should this
be the way to do it--to implement a service like this, possibly by re-
factoring some code from an order inventory reservation service.

Or, should we be trying to create a process where inventory transfers
are created against items in the warehouse, then aggregated into
Shipment, then when the shipment is completed, mark the inventory
transfers as completed?  In which case, should we still be creating
ItemIssuance against each InventoryTransfer entity, or would that
cause double counting?

Thanks,

Si