Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Gautham Pamu <ga...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/16 18:39:54 UTC

Need information on maven proxy

Hi Everyone,

Can you send me the links on how to setup maven proxy ? Is this main project
website ? Is seems to be down ?
Are there any alternate website which have information on maven proxy.

http://maven-proxy.codehaus.org/

--
-Gautham Pamu

Re: Need information on maven proxy

Posted by Clifton Craig <cc...@icsaward.com>.
Gautham,

Your welcome. If your setting up the config file for the first time then take
a look at the article I just posted to my Blog:
http://codeforfun.wordpress.com I detail an important piece for people
dealing with HTTP proxies. Also, as in the above reply I include a link to
where you can get the most recent config file.

Clifton C. Craig, Software Engineer
Intelligent Computer Systems -  A Division of GBG
ccc@icsaward.com
ccraig@gbg.com

Posted by ben short <be...@benshort.co.uk>.
Gautham,

Here is a maven-proxy.properties file that I have used...

################ GLOBAL SETTINGS
# This is where maven-proxy stores files it has downloaded
repo.local.store=./repo

#The port to listen on - not used if loaded as a webapp
port=9999

#This is the base area that all files are loaded from. While it is possible
to leave this blank, this behaviour
#is deprecated and will be disabled in version 2.0.  There are too many
namespace conflicts caused by not using
#a prefix.
#The repository will be shown at http://localhost:9999/repository/
#for the .war loaded into a webapp server, the default prefix is
"repository" (edit the web.xml to change)
# As maven doesn't like a trailing slash, this address shouldn't have one
either.
prefix=repository

#This is the simple date format used to display the last modified date while
browsing the repository.
lastModifiedDateFormat=yyyy/MM/dd HH:mm:ss

################ SNAPSHOT HANDLING
#If you want the proxy to look for newer snapshots, set to true
snapshot.update=true

################ M2 METADATA HANDLING
#If you want the proxy to prevent looking for newer metadata, set to false
(default is true)
#metadata.update=false

################ M2 POM HANDLING
#If you want the proxy to look for newer POMs, set to true (default is
false)
pom.update=true

################ PROMOTION HANDLING
# ***** NOT CURRENTLY IMPLEMENTED *****
#Promotion describes the process by which new artifacts are loaded to global
maven-proxy repository.  It
# is designed to be used by "higher security installations" that do not want
to acquire artifacts from
# remote repositories without approval.
#
#If promotion handling is enabled, then the proxy will not download remote
artifacts without permission
# (local repositories with copy=false are considered to be local)
#
#Permission to download is granted via the Promotion menu which will be
enabled
#  when promotion handling is enabled.
#
#If promotion is false, artifacts are sourced from any repository as per
normal.
#
#Promotion and snapshots:  If promotion is enabled, snapshots are not
downloadable.  The concept of using
# a snapshot in a production build (which is primarily what promotion is
for) is counterintuitive.
##
promotion=false

################ WEB INTERFACE
# This defines the absolute URL the server should use to identify itself.
# This can often be determined automatically, but we recommend you specify
# it explicitly to prevent problems during startup.
# The prefix will be added to this for the actual repository
# i.e. proxy available at http://localhost:9999/, repository at
http://localhost:9999/repository
serverName=http://localhost:9999

#If true, the repository can be browsed
browsable=true

#If true, the repository can be searched
searchable=true

#Not currently implemented. Will allow webdav access to the repository at
some point.
webdav=true

#Stylesheet - if configured, will override the default stylesheet shipped
with maven-proxy - absolute URLs only
#eg.  /maven-proxy/style.css, http://www.example.com/style.css
stylesheet=/maven-proxy/style.css

#bgColor / bgColorHighlight are replaced in the built in stylesheet to
produce a simple color scheme.
#If a stylesheet is set, these are not used.
bgColor=#14B
bgColorHighlight=#94B

#rowColor / rowColorHighlight are replaced in the built in stylesheet to
produce a simple color scheme.
#If a stylesheet is set, these are not used.
rowColor=#CCF
rowColorHighlight=#DDF

################ PROXIES
#This is just a hack, it should auto discover them
#proxy.list=one,two,three

#Unauthenticated proxy
#proxy.one.host=proxy1.example.com
#proxy.one.port=3128

#Authenticated proxy
#proxy.two.host=proxy2.example.org
#proxy.two.port=80
#proxy.two.username=username2
#proxy.two.password=password2

#Authenticated proxy
#proxy.three.host=proxy3.example.net
#proxy.three.port=3129
#proxy.three.username=username3
#proxy.three.password=password3

################# REPOSITORIES
#This is not just a hack, it specifies the order repositories should be
checked
#Note that the proxy adds a "/" which is why the urls aren't suffixed with a
"/"
repo.list=local-repo,www-ibiblio-org,dist-codehaus-org

#local-store
# The local store represents a location that local jars you host can be
located.
# This could also be achieved by having a local http repository, but this is
less cumbersome
repo.local-repo.url=file:///./repo-local
repo.local-repo.description=Super Secret Custom Repository
#If copy is true, jars are copied from the store to the proxy-repo. Only
configurable for file:/// repos
repo.local-repo.copy=false
#If hardfail is true, any unexpected errors from the repository will cause
#the client download to fail (typically with a 500 error)
repo.local-repo.hardfail=true
#Don't cache a file repository
repo.local-repo.cache.period=0

#www.ibiblio.org
repo.www-ibiblio-org.url=http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2
repo.www-ibiblio-org.description=www.ibiblio.org
#repo.www-ibiblio-org.proxy=one
repo.www-ibiblio-org.hardfail=true
#Cache this repository for 1 hour
repo.www-ibiblio-org.cache.period=3600
repo.www-ibiblio-org.cache.failures=true

#dist.codehaus.org
repo.dist-codehaus-org.url=http://dist.codehaus.org
#repo.dist-codehaus-org.proxy=two
repo.dist-codehaus-org.hardfail=false
repo.dist-codehaus-org.cache.period=3600
repo.dist-codehaus-org.cache.failures=true

Re: Need information on maven proxy

Posted by ben short <be...@benshort.co.uk>.
Gautham,

Yes sorry I should of checked that the links worked. The codehaus site
has been down, i saw that the page was back and assumed that the links
to the config files would work.

Ben

Posted by Gautham Pamu <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ben,

Posted by ben short <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gautham Pamu <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Clifton,

Posted by Clifton Craig <cc...@icsaward.com>.
Malcolm,

I have no experience using ntlmaps so I dunno what to tell you. You can look
at an article I posted on my blog here: http://codeforfun.wordpress.com It
explains a common got'cha when setting up normal HTTP proxies. (The same
problem I got hung up on.)

Posted by Malcolm Wong Ho <mw...@faritec.com>.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Clifton Craig <cc...@gbg.com>.