Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com> on 2003/11/21 20:31:32 UTC

[VOTE RESULTS] Add dependency on commons-http?

Hi all,

Well, the results where somewhat inconclusive..  There where 3 +1's, but two
comments that depending on code with questionable support can be bad.  And I
kinda want to change my vote to a -1!

I'd like to change my vote to a -1, as I know this code will NEVER EVER
leave sandbox, and adding yet another dependency doesn't make sense.  It's
three little classes that aren't rocket science.  I am going to fix the code
in turbine 2.4, and I'd like someone to convince me why we should depend on
it.  The code entered sandbox when lots of good parts of Turbine where
pulled out (like the basis for commons-lang).

Eric

v@jakarta.apache.org&msgNo=32393

> commons-http is a really small component - I agree that it should be
> fixed and then released.  If there is not enough interest in releasing
> it then I think it should be rolled it back into turbine.

My first reaction would be to roll-it-back.  Depending on something that
has a questionable communiy/backing is bit a good idea.

Stephen.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org

Re: [VOTE RESULTS] Add dependency on commons-http?

Posted by Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz>.
I am also concerned with lack of interest in commons components. I
submitted a patch to commons-dev in June to add support for upload
progress reporting and despite reminders and occasional 'I'll get to it
as soon as I can' responses the code has neither been accepted nor
rejected.

I'd like to see a patched version of the file-upload code in fulcrum as
an option for users.

Regards,

Peter