Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de> on 2009/11/10 17:39:53 UTC

Re: PDFbox 8.0

Hi,

Thomas Fischer wrote:
> Hi Jukka,
>
>> On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Thomas Fischer <fi...@aon.at>
>> wrote:
>>> I am puzzled about the "org.pdfbox.util.operator.ShowTextGlyph"
>>> appearing
>>> here (no apache!) and wondering if
>>> org.pdfbox.util.operator.ShowTextGlyph
>>> should be cast to org.apache.pdfbox.util.operator.OperatorProcessor.
>>
>> I believe you have both versions (0.7.3 and 0.8.0) of PDFBox in your
>> classpath. Remove the old jar, and everything should work correctly.
>
> well, conceptually I would think that PDFBox 0.8 shouldn't trespass into
> the other namespace and both versions thus should be able to coexist.
> But I removed versions 0.7.x from the classpath, had to include fontbox
> in it and then PDFBox 0.8 worked! So thanks for that!
Only for the curious ones ... if we talk about classes you are right,
they can coexist because of the different namespaces. But there is a
property file to configure what class (fully qualified classname) is
used to process a pdf operator when parsing a document. Obviously the
old property file is used in conjunction with the new jar or vice versa..

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler