Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Christian Andersson <ca...@ofs.no> on 2003/11/13 12:44:20 UTC

serving multiple doamins

Hi there.

To start with I just want to say that I'm running james 2.2.0a15

and I'm quite new to james (just installed it 2 days ago)

now, I was wondering how virtual domain hosting for the server is coming
along?  is it possible?  from the homepage, if I create an user named
test all hosts that the server hosts will be able to recieve message to
the user test  (test@domain1.com  test@domain2.com, etc) and these mail
adresses will all deliver to the same user...

(hosting x different domains in james is therefor almost impossible)

however I have also read something about a mailet called
JDBCVirtualUserTable and that might be able to solve this.

has there been more work on this?  (the faq  says that JDBC... is in
V2.1 of james)

/Christian

RE: serving multiple doamins

Posted by Amit Rana <ra...@solis.jp>.
Hello Christian,

	I also installed James few days back and tried Virtual hosting.
It was very simple to install and get it running.

	You need to create a table "VirtualUserTable" and specify user
name, domain and the forwarding email (which can be local or remote) and
insert appropriate mailet tags in config file, reset the server and it
will start working. I think you will have to first configure james to
use tables for user info etc.

	I was getting following problem when I ran it:
I had two users in one domain i.e. rows in my VirtualUserTable were
User1 : domain.com : fwd to someone[at]yahoo.com
User2 : domain.com : fwd to someone[at]hotmail.com
But all the mails that came from domain.com were forwarded to
someone[at]yahoo.com

	I wanted to try running it by changing the SQL that
JDBCVirtualUserTable mailet uses but couldn't get it to work.

Please tell me if it works ok for you.

Regards,
Amit.

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
JDBCVirtualUserTable seems to be the best current solution for viritual
hosting.

	--- Noel