Posted to api@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/05 14:12:17 UTC

LdapDN renamed to DN

Hi,

accordingly to the discussions we had here, we renamed our LdapDN class
to DN.

Just FYI.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.nextury.com

Re: LdapDN renamed to DN

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@gmail.com>.
IMHO it's a good idea to start using it right away as long as the
community knows it's in massive flux and the 0.1.0 version indicator
is great for showing this.

The idea is to use the API and complain so the API evolves. Let's not
get too anal retentive while in the creative process. We can switch to
a different character when it comes time to solidify the API right
before a 1.0 is released.

Release rapidly release often - but let me add my corollary: enjoy the
freedom of not being 1.0 ;)

--
Alex Karasulu
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org

Re: LdapDN renamed to DN

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Re: LdapDN renamed to DN

Posted by Ludovic Poitou <Lu...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Emmanuel,

I had seen the message on the Apache Mailing lists.
I'm looking forward to see Apache ldap lib 0.1.0 ;-)

Ludo

On Mar 5, 2010, at 2:12 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> Hi,
>
> accordingly to the discussions we had here, we renamed our LdapDN class to DN.
>
> Just FYI.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Cordialement,
> Emmanuel Lécharny
> www.nextury.com

---
Ludovic Poitou                                    Sun Microsystems Inc.
OpenDS Community Manager            Directory Services
http://blogs.sun.com/Ludo/         Grenoble Engineering Center - France

OpenDS, the Java LDAP Directory Server
http://www.opends.org