Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/21 07:18:53 UTC

Consolidated jar?

Is there a plugin that can create a consolidated jar?  This would be
like the spring.jar, which they distribute in addition to spring-core,
spring-jdbc, etc.

Wendy

Re: Consolidated jar?

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Yes you want to use Assembly plugin. Here's an example:

<build><plugins>
           <plugin>
               <configuration>
                   <!--descriptorId>jar-with-dependencies</descriptorId-->
                   <descriptorRefs>
                     <descriptorRef>jar-with-dependencies</descriptorRef>
                   </descriptorRefs>
                   <archive>
                       <manifest>
                           <mainClass>ggg.MainApp</mainClass>
                       </manifest>
                   </archive>
               </configuration>
           </plugin>

Btw regarding that commented out descriptorId thing... apparently it
just recently got changed to descriptorRefs, but I haven't used it
since it changed so I'm just going on what I've seen reported here on
the user list...

HTH.
Wayne

Re: Consolidated jar?