Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by U n d e r a c h i e v e r <ta...@rocketmail.com> on 2001/09/27 14:04:10 UTC

mod_jk how to -- documentation issue

Hi

Enclosed with the 3.2.3 jakarta-tomcat is the following item of
documentation:-

./jakarta-tomcat/doc/mod_jk-howto.html

It mentions the following under 'Building mod_jk for Unix'

Change directory to TOMCAT_HOME/native/mod_jk/apache1.3 (or
	apache2.0).

... but i have no such directory. Last time i needed to build mod_jk i
recall i needed to download the source, not binary, tarball, but again
this has no 'native' directory. The documentation mentions a solaris
build script, this is not present in any directory.

Is the documentation wrong? or have i downloaded the wrong thing - or
otherwise misunderstood??

thanks

PS i'm likely to have a crack at compiling mod_jk using the code in the
source plus apxs... any pointers on this would be gratefully recieved.

=====
u n d e r a c h i e v e r (and proud)
<ta...@rocketmail.com>

http://phone.yahoo.com

Re: mod_jk how to -- documentation issue

Posted by U n d e r a c h i e v e r <ta...@rocketmail.com>.
--- U n d e r a c h i e v e r <ta...@rocketmail.com> wrote:

> PS i'm likely to have a crack at compiling mod_jk using the code in
> the
> source plus apxs... any pointers on this would be gratefully
> recieved.

following up my own message, i got it working in the source code
download as follows:-

$ cd ./jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3-src/src/native/apache1.3
$ sudo /usr/local/apache/bin/apxs -o mod_jk.so -DSOLARIS -I../jk
-I/usr/java/include -I/usr/java/include/solaris -lposix4 -c *.c
../jk/*.c

(all on one line)

then
$ sudo cp ./jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3-src/src/native/apache1.3/mod_jk.so\
 /usr/local/apache/libexec/

=====
u n d e r a c h i e v e r (and proud)
<ta...@rocketmail.com>