Posted to dev@gora.apache.org by Patricio Echagüe <pa...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/15 21:00:03 UTC

Comments about Hector usage

- CassandraClient#checkKeyspace() :

    Not sure if this is intentional but ideally during a keyspace creation
you may want to block until the whole cluster converge to the new keyspace.
You can achieve that by adding an extra boolean parameter during the method
call: -> this.cluster.addKeyspace(keyspaceDefinition, true);
    Hector will block until all nodes in the cluster agree on the new
keyspace.

- Is there a way in Gora to define the Consistency used for read and write
operations? I see the CassandraClient (Hector) being used with default
values.

- CassandraStore#addOrUpdateField contains a switch statement to evaluate
different types of column values but in the end the cassandraClient object
end up converting to string anyway. I think, the InferringTypeSerializer
can be used instead in order to take advantage of when the value is already
of type ByteBuffer.

I know you guys are just starting to work on this. These are minor comments
and it looks like Hector is being used in the right way.

No more comments so far.

Cheers
Patricio

Re: Comments about Hector usage

Posted by Patricio Echagüe <pa...@gmail.com>.
thanks Lewis. I'll definitely try to submit a patch.

Sent from my Android

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Patricio,

--