Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Bob Molden <bm...@intellution.com> on 2001/05/01 16:45:57 UTC

Complex return types

Hi,
I'm currently attempting to return an array of objects from a soap method
but I continually get an error 500, Internal Server Error in TcpTunnelGui.
I've done this before successfully but in those cases the objects were
simply collections of primitive types. In this case each object in the array
will contain an array of another type of object. Each of these objects in
turn may contain an array of yet another object type. Each object type is
fairly straightforward and has all the required set/get methods to be
handled by the BeanSerializer and are all registered in the mapping
registry, etc...
My question is, has anyone attempted to serialize data this complex before
and if not, should this be expected to work.
I was previously returning this data using literal xml encoding so I know
that will work but I'm trying to switch my client over to a "light-weight"
soap toolkit that currently doesn't support literal xml encoding.

Thanks,
Bob Molden