Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Mozz <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2012/02/23 03:10:00 UTC

New to Open Source Software

Hi there, Im a student in Brisbane Queensland and have an interest in
software development, I want to contribute to this project but am not sure
where to start, can someone help me get started with this project.
I am coming into third year of uni and have a reasonably good GPA, but do
not know much about real programming.

Can people please help me out?

Re: New to Open Source Software

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
The best place to start is with the issues list, if you can find an
issue that has a test, great, you can start to investigate and debug
and find out what is going on... that will be very directed learning.

if there is no test, you can try and build a test case that
demonstrates the problem, this will give you a detailed understanding
of both the problem and use case.

The other angle is to peek at the user list and try and figure some
answers to the questions there by looking at the code.

In any event, you will need to get a handle on svn and maven to build
and test the code base. Have a peek at:
http://activemq.apache.org/contributing.html

http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com