Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com> on 2000/10/10 16:57:34 UTC

Re: XalanJ2 Extension tests

Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus wrote:
> > extend04 -- this is not currently handled by my design.
>
> Can you be more specific?  You mean use of the extension elements without
> the component decl?  (Sorry, I only took a brief look).

This is where the extension URI refers to a URI or file which contains
the
<lxslt:component> and <lxslt:script> elements for the case where those
elements
are not in the stylesheet that actually invokes the extension elements
or functions.

> > extend05 -- fails because argument 2 is an ElemExtensionCall.
>
> Hmm... yes, I think we should probably handle this case (and update the
> docs).

I will fix this straightaway.

> > extend11 -- throws NullPointerException!  This is due to the fact that
> we have an lxslt:component with no content.
>
> Yes, I think we should change so that and empty component element is OK.

That's fine.  I guess I should just ignore an empty component element
altogether.  Since no language is specified on the (non-existent) script
element, I assume java.  For java, I ignore the functions and elements
attributes of component and use reflection instead.  If anyone has other
thoughts on how to handle an empty component element, please advise.

Gary