Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sundar Manyapu <sk...@yahoo.com> on 2002/08/24 20:26:19 UTC

JWSDP-TOMCAT - how to install Running a bookStore example

Hi Craig,

As per JWSDP, Bookstore example needs to be installed
using "ant". For this what i how to approach? I am
able to run JWSDP and taglib examples.

Also i want to under standard the concepts of tag
libs, how the JSP engine parses it before compiling
into a servlet. Where can i get best resources on the
net so that i can read and understand in depth.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Sundar

--- "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org> wrote:
> It sounds like you've got a corrupted installation
> of JWSDP -- please try
> re-installing it.  Also, make sure that JWSDP starts
> successfully, and the
> sample applications work, *before* deploying your
> own application.
>
> If JWSDP works before your app is installed, but
> fails like this
> afterwards, then something in the way you are
> installing it is corrupting
> the standard Tomcat installation -- more details
> will be needed to help
> you resolve what is going on.
>
> Craig
>
> On Sat, 24 Aug 2002, skraaatch wrote:
>
> > Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 15:33:44 +0100
> > From: skraaatch <sk...@thenumnum.net>
> > To: Tomcat Users List
> <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
> > Subject: JWSDP-TOMCAT vs TOMCAT STANDALONE
> >
> > hi,
> > running tomcat4 from my ide (calling the
> > org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap) works fine.
> > however, when trying to run tomcat 4 that is
> bundled with the jwsdp1.0, i
> > get an error while tomcat is trying to start up.
> if anyone has any ideas or
> > could point me to an appropriate resource, it
> would be much appreciated.
> > thanks.
> >
> > i get the following error....
> > DEBUG [main] (Log4JCategoryLog.java:132) -
> addRuleSet() with no namespace
> > URI
> > Exception during startup processing
> > java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException:
> > javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError:
> > org.apache.crimson.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl
> >  at

javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.newInstance(SAXParserFactory.java:150)
> >  at

org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.getParser(Digester.java:565)
> >  at

org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.getXMLReader(Digester.java:607)
> >  at

org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1284)
> >  at

org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:448)
> >  at

org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:399)
> >  at

org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:179)
> >  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
> >  at

org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)

Re: JWSDP-TOMCAT - how to install Running a bookStore example

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
Put $ANT_HOME/bin in your system $PATH variable.  Now open a new command
prompt (important!) and type "ant".  I don't know how they have their build
set up, but I'm assuming that they aren't using platform specific scripts
to get ant started.  They probably just have a build.xml file there.  That
is the default one ant looks for.

You can type "ant -projecthelp" to see all the build targets
available.  However, they usually provide a default build target so just
typing "ant" should build the project.

Jake

Posted by Sundar Manyapu <sk...@yahoo.com>.
Hi craig,