Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Frank Fischer <fr...@digitalnomads.ch> on 2005/05/30 12:13:13 UTC

[DBCP] Setting of connectionProperties in Manual Pooling Driver model?

Hi all

i use the "Manual Pooling Driver" model to implement JDBC Connection Pooling
in my console application. Everything works fine so far except the setting
of the connectionProprerties.

I'm a little bit confused on how to set these connectionProperties
parameters. On http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/configuration.html i
found the list of available parameters but no explenation how and where to
set them. Only remark is under connectionProperties where it states, that
the Format of the String must be [propertieyName=property;].

On the other hand side, looking at the API docu i found the
DriverManagerConnectionFactory
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/apidocs/org/apache/commons/dbcp/Drive
rManagerConnectionFactory.html which accepts a java.util.Properties object
for configuration. But trying to pass params that way also didn't worked.

Could please anyone tell me where and how i have to configure the
connectionProperties?

Thanks a lot
Frank