Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/28 16:59:51 UTC

Move to Git?

Now that Git is officially supported by the ASF, would anybody be opposed
to moving Roller to Git?  All we have to do is to ask the INFRA team to
switch us over.

My reasons for this move are mostly selfish: I prefer Git, find it easier
to use and use it on all other projects. Also, a move to Git would make it
possible for us to accept GitHub pull-requests.

Thoughts?

Dave

Re: Move to Git?

Posted by Kohei Nozaki <ky...@bridge9.sakura.ne.jp>.
+1

Re: Move to Git?

Posted by Gaurav Saini <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: Move to Git?

Posted by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.
+1

Re: Move to Git?

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.
+1 and thanks for the info.

Cheers Greg

Re: Move to Git?

Posted by Nicholas Padilla <ni...@monstersoftwarellc.com>.
Last thing,

Re: Move to Git?

Posted by Nicholas Padilla <ni...@monstersoftwarellc.com>.
Hello All!

Re: Move to Git?

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.
Dave,

I am not really against using git, probably the way to go, just not on my
own projects.  Just prefere the svn way, tend to use the view svn compare
alot and never really got to grips with git, the compare, switching
branches etc.  Its a different way of working, too complicated/much for my
needs.

Yes the develop branch is the flow process to release.

Cheers Greg.

Re: Move to Git?

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

Re: Move to Git?