Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by rd...@email.arizona.edu on 2004/08/05 19:32:11 UTC

need a sanity check for a border idea. =)

I'm starting a new application and working on the Border component. I wanted to
run a "sanity check" on an idea I had to see if it's even possible.

I need my border component to actually delegate the border rendering to other
components/pages. So, I'm using block/renderBlock... something like the
following:

Border.html--

contentBlock="ognl:components['Content']"/>

--

then, in some other page or component file, I've got something like:

  ...html stuff...
  ...more html stuff...

I'm pretty confident about most of the idea (basing it off the Portal
tutorial app from 2.3), but I'm shaky on the contentBlock="ognl:..." bit in
Border.html and the "block=ognl:inserter.contentBlock". From what I've read in
the component documentation, I /think/ it will work, but, any thoughts before I
embark down this road? =)

Thanks!

Robert

P.S. - apologies if this ends up being a duplicate.