Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Christian Polzer <ch...@hai-fai.de> on 2011/04/14 23:44:52 UTC

Questions on CouchDB security for Android Devices (and iOS)

Hi,

I just worked myself through a wiki article and blogposts regarding CouchDB's security (http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Security_Features_Overview).

Now I am wondering how this is done in Android. The Android platforms security is relying on sandboxing applications, so config files can not be stored every but the app directory or maybe the sd card attached.

As I learned, server admins are configured in a .ini file and the require_valid_user settings as well.

I know, that uppon installation, CouchDB is storing a generated server admin with password to the CouchDB application directory. How about the other configuration files?

Is  "require_valid_user" for example set to true by default( is this not necessary?), or how is this solved?

Regards,
Chris

Re: Questions on CouchDB security for Android Devices (and iOS)

Posted by Christian Polzer <ch...@hai-fai.de>.
Well, thanks again, Dale!

Crossposting because on Stackoverflow it is a little bit more in the wide open for everyone...

Regards,
Chris

Posted by Dale Harvey <da...@arandomurl.com>.