Posted to users@flex.apache.org by mark goldin <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/05 22:51:23 UTC

Debugging application with modules

Is there any problem debugging an application that uses modules? I can get
into code when I run main file, but a break point in the module code does
not seem to stop execution.

Thanks

Re: Debugging application with modules

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
If the first app is debuggable, you will be out of luck.  The first
debuggable SWF needs to be the app that loads the modules or the module
itself, and RSLs and other subordinate SWFs may get loaded first and end
up being the thing that gets debugged.  I think the FB console shows the
list of SWFs being loaded.

-Alex

Posted by mark goldin <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
There are various tricks to try.  I don't use FB for debugging complex
scenarios, I use FDB instead.  But I believe some folks create a custom
debug config that launches a release SWF, or maybe they manually copy the
release SWF over the debug SWF.

-Alex

Posted by mark goldin <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by mark goldin <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by mark goldin <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
FDB (Flash / Flex debugger): http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flex/using/WS2db454920e96a9e51e63e3d11c0bf69084-7ffb.html
To use it with AIR apps, first start fdb, then type "run" and start another command line in which you launch your AIR app via ADL (don't forget to compile your AIR app / libs with debug=true), fdb will trigger you AIR launch and you'll be able to debug it.

Frédéric THOMAS

Posted by mark goldin <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by mark goldin <ma...@gmail.com>.